Tidying the cast

FollowEmail this to someoneFollow on FacebookFollow on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterFollow on LinkedIn

First attempt to get the plaster in the right state for repairing the cast was wrong and I had to work hard to get rid of all the drips and smears I had applied with gay abandon.  Once cleared off there were more scratches and chips to attend to.  I made certain the next time that I had “killed” the plaster as suggested in Tonk’s book so it might be softer than the main cast.  Here’s the result and I’ve now got to think about a patina and mounting it on a stand.  Oh, I also changed the right eye a bit – you can compare by flipping up and down to the last post.

I must admit that I’m really proud of what I’ve done as my first “proper” portrait sculpture with the excellent tuition from Etienne Millner.

thumb_DSC08444_1024 thumb_DSC08445_1024 thumb_DSC08446_1024 thumb_DSC08447_1024 thumb_DSC08448_1024 thumb_DSC08449_1024 thumb_DSC08450_1024 thumb_DSC08451_1024thumb_DSC08452_1024thumb_DSC08453_1024

FollowEmail this to someoneFollow on FacebookFollow on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterFollow on LinkedIn

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *