Making a waste mould

FollowEmail this to someoneFollow on FacebookFollow on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterFollow on LinkedIn

With Jill’s help trying to stabilise the sculpture on the back seat of the car, we got it to college late yesterday afternoon.  Today, I tidied up the scratches on the face, re-did the hair and sorted out the squashed ears.

thumb_DSC08409_1024thumb_DSC08419_1024thumb_DSC08425_1024

Before setting off on making the mould, I decided to add a bit more clay to the back and front of the trunk to get a better balance to the piece.  Then I set about making a clay wall along the major outline and, following convention, made the side facing forwards the smooth side.  There are lumps of clay behind the wall to give it some support.

thumb_DSC08431_1024thumb_DSC08434_1024thumb_DSC08441_1024

Tomorrow I shall plaster the front and hopefully the back.  There is a small possibility that I may also start to clean up the mould too but I need to check that out.

 

FollowEmail this to someoneFollow on FacebookFollow on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterFollow on LinkedIn

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *